List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:June 26 2007 12:16pm
Subject:[ANN] First release of the BLOB Streaming engine for MySQL
View as plain text
Hi All,

I have just released the first version of the BLOB Streaming engine
for MySQL (MyBS). You can download the source code of the engine from
http://www.blobstreaming.org/download. Pluggable binaries for MySQL
5.1.19 (32-bit Linux and Mac OS X) are also available.

To install the plug-in copy libmybs.so to the /usr/local/mysql/lib/
mysql directory, connect to your server using mysql, and enter:

mysql> install plugin MyBS soname "libmybs.so";

This version allows you to download BLOBs that are already stored in
the database using HTTP. The URL is specified as follows:

http://<mysql-host-name>:8080/<database>/<table>/<blob-column>/
<condition>

Where <condition> has the form:
<column1>=<value1>&<column2>=<value2>&...

I gave an example of this in my previous blog: "GET"ing a BLOB from
the database with the BLOB Streaming Engine (http://pbxt.blogspot.com/
2007/06/geting-blob-out-of-database-with-blob.html)

8080 is the default port, which can be set using the mybs_port system
variable on the mysqld command line. For example: mysqld --
mybs_port=8880

In order for BLOB streaming to work you also need PBXT version 0.9.87
which is "streaming enabled". Streaming enabled simply means the
engine supports the MyBS server-side streaming API.

This version of PBXT is also available from http://
www.blobstreaming.org/download, or from http://sourceforge.net/
projects/pbxt.

Note that this version is currently only for use behind the firewall
because the HTTP access is unrestricted.

The next step will be to enable the uploading of BLOBs using the HTTP
PUT method, and the implementation of basic security.

Best regards,

Paul

Paul McCullagh
SNAP Innovation GmbH
http://www.blobstreaming.org
http://pbxt.blogspot.com
http://www.primebase.com/xt

Thread
[ANN] First release of the BLOB Streaming engine for MySQLPaul McCullagh26 Jun