List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shreko Date:June 19 2007 4:59pm
Subject: Character Encoding problem
View as plain text
My machine with a good old mysql 4.0 crashed last week, and going trough
recovery I ended up with wrong encoding. Right now mysql is on the same version
as before the crash, but at one step data was in newer version of mysql (5.0.x)
and I think that this problem I have originated there. Basically, my "degree"
(angle) symbols `°` have now become `º`. Most of the tables are myISAM. I
checked both version my.ini files default-character-set and one with mysql4 is
latin1 and one with mysql5 is utf8. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Shreko

Thread
Character Encoding problemShreko19 Jun