List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ViSolve DB Team Date:June 16 2007 4:12am
Subject:Re: mysqldump for myisam tables.
View as plain text
Hi,
 To take consistent backup, it is enough if you go for "mysqldump".
1) $ mysqldump -u user -p <dbname> [table1,table2] > <dumpfile with path>

-- this itself takes consistent backup. mysqldump utility by default locks
the table.

2) From one terminal issue
mysql> LOCK TABLES <tables> WRITE;
From another table, issue $>mysqldump -u user -p <dbname> [table1,table2] >
<dumpfile with path>
and unlock the tables once dump completed.

Thanks
ViSolve DB Team