List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:June 13 2007 4:46pm
Subject:Re: MySql Host through Heartbeat
View as plain text
What I know is that:

Heartbeat with MySQL uses two IP's.  That of the server, and that of the
resource MySql.  The former is fixed, the latter moves with MySQL when
it's moved to another server.

The one I need is the hostname of the physical server, not the resource.

I've installed 5.0.41 and have found that the 'hostname' variable does
report the hostname of the physical server.  I have no idea how it does
it :)

I have my solution, thanks for the help,

Ben Clewett.

Baron Schwartz wrote:
> Gerald L. Clark wrote:
>> Baron Schwartz wrote:

>>> DNS won't change, but the server's /etc/hostname will, right?
>>>
>>> Disclaimer: I'm no expert on this... I didn't even know the IP
>>> address moved too.  I should read about Heartbeat.
>>>
>>> Baron
>> Do you actually have /etc/hostname?
>> RHEL and Centos do not.
>> They do have an entry in /etc/sysconfig/network
>
> Debian and Gentoo have /etc/hostname and /etc/conf.d/hostname,
> respectively.  I would think this is what /usr/bin/hostname uses, and
> probably where the hostname server variable gets set from in MySQL 5.0.41.
>
> Baron

Thread
MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
      • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
        • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
          • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett13 Jun
            • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatScott Tanner13 Jun
              • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatAtle Veka14 Jun