List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:June 12 2007 6:48pm
Subject:Re: MySql Host through Heartbeat
View as plain text
Gerald L. Clark wrote:
> Baron Schwartz wrote:
>> Gerald L. Clark wrote:

>>> Heartbeat moves the IP address around as well as the services.
>>> Your hostname should not change.
>>

>> DNS won't change, but the server's /etc/hostname will, right?
>>
>> Disclaimer: I'm no expert on this... I didn't even know the IP address
>> moved too.  I should read about Heartbeat.
>>
>> Baron
> Do you actually have /etc/hostname?
> RHEL and Centos do not.
> They do have an entry in /etc/sysconfig/network

Debian and Gentoo have /etc/hostname and /etc/conf.d/hostname, respectively.  I would
think this is what /usr/bin/hostname uses, and probably where the hostname server
variable gets set from in MySQL 5.0.41.

Baron
Thread
MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
      • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
        • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
          • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett13 Jun
            • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatScott Tanner13 Jun
              • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatAtle Veka14 Jun