List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald L. Clark Date:June 12 2007 6:05pm
Subject:Re: MySql Host through Heartbeat
View as plain text
Baron Schwartz wrote:
> Gerald L. Clark wrote:
>
>> Ben Clewett wrote:
>>
>>> Dear MySQL,
>>>
>>> I'm running 5.0.26 through Heartbeat.  Which seems to work well, even
>>> as a replication slave and Heartbeat continously stopping and
>>> starting the server.
>>>
>>> The Heartbeat moves MySQL around from server to server when a failure
>>> occures.  I am trying to find a way for MySQL to report the server
>>> host name on which it's currently sitting.  Without any luck.
>>>
>>> Would any kind members know of a way of getting this information from
>>> MySQL?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>>
>>> Ben
>>>

>> Heartbeat moves the IP address around as well as the services.
>> Your hostname should not change.
>

> DNS won't change, but the server's /etc/hostname will, right?
>
> Disclaimer: I'm no expert on this... I didn't even know the IP address
> moved too.  I should read about Heartbeat.
>
> Baron
Do you actually have /etc/hostname?
RHEL and Centos do not.
They do have an entry in /etc/sysconfig/network

--
Gerald L. Clark
Supplier Systems Corporation
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
      • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
        • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
          • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett13 Jun
            • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatScott Tanner13 Jun
              • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatAtle Veka14 Jun