List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:June 12 2007 5:44pm
Subject:Re: MySql Host through Heartbeat
View as plain text
Gerald L. Clark wrote:
> Ben Clewett wrote:
>> Dear MySQL,
>>
>> I'm running 5.0.26 through Heartbeat.  Which seems to work well, even
>> as a replication slave and Heartbeat continously stopping and starting
>> the server.
>>
>> The Heartbeat moves MySQL around from server to server when a failure
>> occures.  I am trying to find a way for MySQL to report the server
>> host name on which it's currently sitting.  Without any luck.
>>
>> Would any kind members know of a way of getting this information from
>> MySQL?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Ben
>>

> Heartbeat moves the IP address around as well as the services.
> Your hostname should not change.

DNS won't change, but the server's /etc/hostname will, right?

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on this... I didn't even know the IP address moved too.  I
should read about Heartbeat.

Baron
Thread
MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
      • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
        • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
          • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett13 Jun
            • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatScott Tanner13 Jun
              • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatAtle Veka14 Jun