List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:June 12 2007 5:41pm
Subject:Re: MySql Host through Heartbeat
View as plain text
Baron,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I like the idea of piping in the servername to a small table on startup.
  Since this will only change on startup, sounds like an excellent idea.

Or I may upgrade to above 5.0.41...

Regards,

Ben

Baron Schwartz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ben Clewett wrote:
>> Dear MySQL,
>>
>> I'm running 5.0.26 through Heartbeat.  Which seems to work well, even
>> as a replication slave and Heartbeat continously stopping and starting
>> the server.
>>
>> The Heartbeat moves MySQL around from server to server when a failure
>> occures.  I am trying to find a way for MySQL to report the server
>> host name on which it's currently sitting.  Without any luck.
>>
>> Would any kind members know of a way of getting this information from
>> MySQL?
>
> I only know of two ways, though there may be more.
>
> 1) The hostname system variable, which was added in 5.0.41
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/releasenotes-cs-5-0-41.html)
>
> 2) Perhaps a UDF that makes a system call.
>
> There might be some external ways to do it also.  For example, create a
> table with a single row, and have a startup script replace the value in
> it with the server's hostname upon startup.  Then you can query this value.
>
> Cheers
> Baron

Thread
MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett12 Jun
  • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
    • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
      • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatGerald L. Clark12 Jun
        • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBaron Schwartz12 Jun
          • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatBen Clewett13 Jun
            • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatScott Tanner13 Jun
              • Re: MySql Host through HeartbeatAtle Veka14 Jun