List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amer Neely Date:June 9 2007 1:14am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5 & W2K - SOLVED
View as plain text
Peter Brawley wrote:
> Amer
>
>  >I'm having no luck getting MySQL 5 installed under Windows 2000
> Professional.
>  >The service does not start, either automatically on bootup, or
> manually. Reading
>  >through the manual does not address the issue, at least that I could
> find.
>
>  From %mysql_home%\bin try running it first in a cmd window  ...
>
> mysqld-nt --console --log_warnings
>
> or
>
> mysqld-nt --standalone --log_warnings
>
> Once it runs without errors, shut mysqld-nt down, eg by running
>
> mysaladmin -uroot shutdown
>
> from another cmd window, then install the service with ...
>
> mysqld-nt -- install
>
> after which it should auto-start at bootup.
>
> PB

I finally got MySQL server running but I'm afraid I did a
trouble-shooting no-no: I changed 2 things at once.

First, I went back to 5.0.21 instead of 5.0.41.
And when I changed my.ini to point to a different data dir, instead of
'restarting' the service from control panel, I stopped, then started it.

Voila!

--
Amer Neely
w: www.softouch.on.ca/