List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amer Neely Date:June 8 2007 10:18pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5 & W2K
View as plain text
Peter Brawley wrote:
> Amer
>  >I'm having no luck getting MySQL 5 installed under Windows 2000
> Professional.
>  >The service does not start, either automatically on bootup, or
> manually. Reading
>  >through the manual does not address the issue, at least that I could
> find.
>  From %mysql_home%\bin try running it first in a cmd window  ...
> mysqld-nt --console --log_warnings
> or
> mysqld-nt --standalone --log_warnings
> Once it runs without errors, shut mysqld-nt down, eg by running
> mysaladmin -uroot shutdown
> from another cmd window, then install the service with ...
> mysqld-nt -- install
> after which it should auto-start at bootup.
> PB

Hi Peter, and thanks for the quick reply.

I managed to get it installed and running - it seems to be very flaky
depending on which config wizard options are chosen. This time I got
asked which port to use - that had never appeared before.

But now I'm trying to point it to a different data dir. In my.ini I have
which I've also copied to c:\

When I try to restart the service from control panel, it throws an error:
Error 1067. The process terminated unexpectedly.

Amer Neely
Perl | MySQL programming for all data entry forms.
"Others make web sites. We make web sites work!"
MySQL 5 & W2KAmer Neely8 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5 & W2KPeter Brawley8 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5 & W2KAmer Neely8 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5 & W2K - SOLVEDAmer Neely9 Jun