List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:June 8 2007 9:49pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5 & W2K
View as plain text
Amer

 >I'm having no luck getting MySQL 5 installed under Windows 2000
Professional.
 >The service does not start, either automatically on bootup, or
manually. Reading
 >through the manual does not address the issue, at least that I could
find.

 From %mysql_home%\bin try running it first in a cmd window  ...

mysqld-nt --console --log_warnings

or

mysqld-nt --standalone --log_warnings

Once it runs without errors, shut mysqld-nt down, eg by running

mysaladmin -uroot shutdown

from another cmd window, then install the service with ...

mysqld-nt -- install

after which it should auto-start at bootup.

PB

-----
Amer Neely wrote:
> I'm having no luck getting MySQL 5 installed under Windows 2000
> Professional. The service does not start, either automatically on
> bootup, or manually. Reading through the manual does not address the
> issue, at least that I could find.
>
> There isn't a previous version on the system - this is a brand new
> drive. I have MyODBC Connector 3.51 installed.
>
> Is this a known problem, or am I missing something here. I've had
> earlier versions working just fine.
Thread
MySQL 5 & W2KAmer Neely8 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5 & W2KPeter Brawley8 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5 & W2KAmer Neely8 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5 & W2K - SOLVEDAmer Neely9 Jun