List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:June 8 2007 5:51pm
Subject:Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release
?
View as plain text
Hi all !

Michael Dykman wrote:
> It is my understanding that there is no intention of adding partioning
> into the 5.0 release.

Right.  Any GA release will not get features added, as this would change
functional behavior and also introduce the risk of losing stability.

>                        It will be avilable when 5.1 hits relase
> status.. it is currently in beta and no official date has been set for
> that release.  There are rumours of course but the MySQL team is
> keeping that date pretty close.

This sounds like an assumption there were a fixed date already set, but
kept secret. Any such assumption is wrong:

5.1 is currently in beta status, and we hope many users are using it for
development and/or testing.
In addition to our internal checks, we rely on these users giving
feedback about any bugs they discovered, and about their experiences -
the combined requirements of our users will always be more complete than
any test suites.
Any such feedback is highly appreciated !

When 5.1 has reached the required stability and completeness (this
includes the fixing of any reported critical bugs), it will be
designated "rc" (= "release candidate", formerly called "gamma").

When in turn this one has not shown any severe problems, 5.1 will be
called production level (aka "GA").

For these status changes there are no dates, and any individual guesses
are based on assumptions which cannot be proven (like known rates of bug
inflow and fixing).

Regards,
Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?Mariella Petrini8 Jun
  • Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?Michael Dykman8 Jun
    • Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release?Joerg Bruehe8 Jun
      • Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?Mogens Melander8 Jun