List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:June 8 2007 6:06pm
Subject:Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?
View as plain text
On 6/8/07, Joerg Bruehe <joerg@stripped> wrote:
> Hi all !
>

> Michael Dykman wrote:
> > It is my understanding that there is no intention of adding partioning
> > into the 5.0 release.
>
> Right.  Any GA release will not get features added, as this would change
> functional behavior and also introduce the risk of losing stability.
>

> >                        It will be avilable when 5.1 hits relase
> > status.. it is currently in beta and no official date has been set for
> > that release.  There are rumours of course but the MySQL team is
> > keeping that date pretty close.
>
> This sounds like an assumption there were a fixed date already set, but
> kept secret. Any such assumption is wrong:
>
> 5.1 is currently in beta status, and we hope many users are using it for
> development and/or testing.
> In addition to our internal checks, we rely on these users giving
> feedback about any bugs they discovered, and about their experiences -
> the combined requirements of our users will always be more complete than
> any test suites.
> Any such feedback is highly appreciated !
>
> When 5.1 has reached the required stability and completeness (this
> includes the fixing of any reported critical bugs), it will be
> designated "rc" (= "release candidate", formerly called "gamma").
>
> When in turn this one has not shown any severe problems, 5.1 will be
> called production level (aka "GA").
>
> For these status changes there are no dates, and any individual guesses
> are based on assumptions which cannot be proven (like known rates of bug
> inflow and fixing).

I did not mean to imply that a date had been set.  I was only refering
to the fact that the team has (quite rightly) declined to comment on
the various release date rumours.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?Mariella Petrini8 Jun
  • Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?Michael Dykman8 Jun
    • Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release?Joerg Bruehe8 Jun
      • Re: When will partitioning be included in the MySQl stable release ?Mogens Melander8 Jun