List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:June 5 2007 9:47pm
Subject:RE: Sorting by a list of possible results in a column....
View as plain text
[snip]
I have a query that selects a list of results, ordering them by the
status
field.  However, I want to further sort that by the type of status, that
is:

Undefined
Ready for Review
Top Priority
Priority
Completed
Etc...

Every sort that I try, of course, sorts alphabetically.  Is there a way
define how the sort function works in the order by?
[/snip]

You can specify ORDER BY foo DESC or ASC and you can do multiple ORDER
BY's

SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY foo, bar
Thread
Sorting by a list of possible results in a column....Mike Morton5 Jun
  • RE: Sorting by a list of possible results in a column....Jay Blanchard5 Jun
  • RE: Sorting by a list of possible results in a column....Geoffroy Cogniaux5 Jun
  • Re: Sorting by a list of possible results in a column....Peter Brawley5 Jun