List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:June 5 2007 5:06pm
Subject:Re: Lock Tables Question
View as plain text
Hi David,

On Jun 5, 2007, at 3:55 PM, David T. Ashley wrote:

> My only concern with GET_LOCK() is that lock is server-global
> rather than
> database-global.  This makes attacks possible in a shared setting
> (some bad
> person could disable your database code by going after your lock).
>
> My solution is just to lock all tables in one statement.
>
> The only question I have (and nobody has answered this) is how many
> tables I
> can include in a single LOCK TABLE statement.  I thinking anything
> up to a
> few thousand shouldn't be a problem.  What is the limit?

The size of a query is limited by the value of the
"max_allowed_packet" system parameter. So if you want to add more
tables to your LOCK TABLE statement, you should just be able to
increase max_allowed_packet until it works.

Regards,

Paul

Thread
Lock Tables QuestionDavid T. Ashley4 Jun
  • Re: Lock Tables QuestionGerald L. Clark4 Jun
    • Re: Lock Tables QuestionDavid T. Ashley4 Jun
      • RE: Lock Tables QuestionJerry Schwartz4 Jun
        • Re: Lock Tables QuestionDavid T. Ashley4 Jun
          • Re: Lock Tables QuestionGerald L. Clark4 Jun
            • Diff between restore from tar and recover from power outagemurthy gandikota4 Jun
              • Re: Diff between restore from tar and recover from power outageWm Mussatto4 Jun
                • Re: Diff between restore from tar and recover from power outageScott Tanner5 Jun
                  • Re: Diff between restore from tar and recover from power outagemos5 Jun
                    • Re: Diff between restore from tar and recover from power outageBaron Schwartz5 Jun
            • Re: Lock Tables QuestionDavid T. Ashley4 Jun
  • Re: Lock Tables QuestionBrent Baisley5 Jun
    • Re: Lock Tables QuestionDavid T. Ashley5 Jun
      • Re: Lock Tables QuestionBaron Schwartz5 Jun
        • Re: Lock Tables QuestionDavid T. Ashley5 Jun
          • Re: Lock Tables QuestionPaul McCullagh5 Jun