List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:June 4 2007 5:03pm
Subject:Re: Data migration Verification
View as plain text
> On 6/4/07 12:31 PM, "paulizaz" <paulizaz@stripped> wrote:
>
>> I have too much data to go through and check if all the data is the same.
>> This is my problem. Sampling would speed this up, but I need something more
>> accurate.
>> All data is important.

Then I think you will also have to write a reverse migration script to convert all the
data back into the old format.  I suggest you do this to a different server than the
original server.  Then use mysql-table-checksum to verify you got exactly the same data
back (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqltoolkit).

I think this is your only option because you must compare the data to the authoritative
copy of it, in the original format, if you want to make sure it is all correct in the
new format.

If you can convert both directions without loss, I think that is as strong a guarantee
as you can get.

Baron
Thread
Data migration Verificationpaulizaz1 Jun
  • Re: Data migration VerificationOlaf Stein1 Jun
    • Re: Data migration Verificationpaulizaz4 Jun
      • Re: Data migration VerificationWm Mussatto4 Jun
      • Re: Data migration VerificationOlaf Stein4 Jun
        • Re: Data migration VerificationBaron Schwartz4 Jun
      • Re: Data migration VerificationJoerg Bruehe5 Jun