List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:June 4 2007 4:39pm
Subject:Re: Data migration Verification
View as plain text
On Mon, June 4, 2007 9:31, paulizaz said:

> What do you mean by "same output" ?
Can you write a program to access both databases and have it check to see
if the data matches.  A lot depends on how the structure changed.  If the
new database rows have a one to one correspondence to the original
database then 1st count the rows.  If it passes that test compare the data
in the new row with the corresponding data in the old row.

Bill