List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:June 4 2007 2:30pm
Subject:Re: External Program Execution
View as plain text
Nasir,

>I am wondering if there is any way to execute external
>application from MySQL procedures/trigger/event scheduler.
>Like as we do in php with !,exec and system.

No, SQL isn't meant to be a complete computing language, and in any
event such capability would be a huge security headache.

PB

-----

Nasir Iqbal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is any way to execute external application from
> MySQL procedures/trigger/event scheduler. Like as we do in php with !,
> exec and system.
>
> I want to know that if there is any way(simple SQL command, pacth) to do
> it. so I can execute external application like
> ???('php -d myScriptName.php')

Thread
External Program ExecutionNasir Iqbal4 Jun
  • Re: External Program ExecutionBaron Schwartz4 Jun
    • Re: External Program ExecutionNasir Iqbal4 Jun
  • Re: External Program ExecutionPeter Brawley4 Jun