List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olaf Stein Date:June 1 2007 3:08pm
Subject:Re: Data migration Verification
View as plain text
Besides the sample approach, output data (a set you would output on a live
system anyway) from both db setups and see if you can get the same output
from both

Olaf

On 6/1/07 10:35 AM, "paulizaz" <paulizaz@stripped> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have somebody creating a C# class to migrate data from one SQL database to
> another slightly differently structured SQL database.
>
> Please can anybody suggest ways to verrify that the data has migrated
> successfully, in whole and acurrate??
>
> I feel a sample approach would not quite be substancial.
> I want to keep it seperate from the migration process itself (having my
> person write a verification script may also not work as he will be using the
> same thought processes and knowledge that he used for the migration)
>
> Free Software, scripts, utilities, packages, industry approaches??
>
> Sorry Im no Tech wizzard, Any ideas appreciated.....................

Thread
Data migration Verificationpaulizaz1 Jun
  • Re: Data migration VerificationOlaf Stein1 Jun
    • Re: Data migration Verificationpaulizaz4 Jun
      • Re: Data migration VerificationWm Mussatto4 Jun
      • Re: Data migration VerificationOlaf Stein4 Jun
        • Re: Data migration VerificationBaron Schwartz4 Jun
      • Re: Data migration VerificationJoerg Bruehe5 Jun