List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:paulizaz Date:June 1 2007 2:35pm
Subject:Data migration Verification
View as plain text
Hi all,

I have somebody creating a C# class to migrate data from one SQL database to
another slightly differently structured SQL database.

Please can anybody suggest ways to verrify that the data has migrated
successfully, in whole and acurrate??

I feel a sample approach would not quite be substancial.
I want to keep it seperate from the migration process itself (having my
person write a verification script may also not work as he will be using the
same thought processes and knowledge that he used for the migration)

Free Software, scripts, utilities, packages, industry approaches??

Sorry Im no Tech wizzard, Any ideas appreciated.....................