List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 31 2007 2:20pm
Subject:mysqldump not consistent
View as plain text
Dear MySql,

Using 5.0.26 I am trying to get a consistent image of some tables using
mysqldump.  This is for replication.  All my tables are InnoDB.

I am using:

# mysqldump h <host> \
         --master-data=1 \
         --single-transaction \
	<database>

I was hoping that the '--master-data=1' would report the coordinates of
the bin-log when the transaction was started.

But it seems to report the coordinates at the end of the dump.
Therefore I am missing data.  My replication (most of the time) soon
crashes with something like:

"Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails"

Of course I may be doing something wrong.

Would any person have a better idea of getting a consistent snapshot
with correct coordinates?

Many thanks,

Ben.

Thread
mysqldump not consistentBen Clewett31 May