List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:May 30 2007 2:58pm
Subject:Re: FLUSH TABLE LOCK READ
View as plain text
Hi Baron,
Its only a read lock, so changes on these table should be allowed, that is
what the documentaion say. And the changes will be in bin-log till the READ
lock is held.

regards
anandkl

On 5/30/07, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ananda Kumar wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > This question just for information sake.
> > If i do
> >
> > flush table lock read;
>
> I think you mean FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK?
>
> > Any changes happening on tables during this period, will it be viewable
> by
> > another user or will the user have to wait till the lock is released to
> see
> > the new changes
> > And once the lock is released, does mysql apply all the changes from
> > bin-log
> > to the respective tables.
>
> The tables are locked.  There will be no changes while they are locked.
>
> I don't think I really understand your question.
>
> Baron

Thread
FLUSH TABLE LOCK READAnanda Kumar30 May
  • Re: FLUSH TABLE LOCK READBaron Schwartz30 May
    • Re: FLUSH TABLE LOCK READAnanda Kumar30 May
      • Re: FLUSH TABLE LOCK READBaron Schwartz30 May