List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen H. Kapit Date:April 19 1999 4:34pm
Subject:Re: Windows adminstrator
View as plain text
Thanks.  Isn't there a setup within the administrator where you can state a local or
internet server? It would make sense to have this.  Also, does anyone know of a person
near
Los Angeles, California who can set up a freeBSD web server system with mySQL on it?

Thanks.

Stephen

Michael Widenius wrote:

> writes:
>
> Stephen> I'm a complete newbie at this and I'm not even sure I'm in the right
> forum for
> Stephen> this.  Anyway, I just d/l the windog adminsitrator version and am trying
> Stephen> use it.  I noticed the server is trying to connect to the internet when
> I'm
> Stephen> logged on.  I thought the idea of this is to administrate offline? Can
> someone
> Stephen> help me out here?
>
> Stephen> I'm trying to learn how this mysql stuff works.
>
> Stephen> Thanks.
>
> Stephen> Stephen H. Kapit
> Stephen> DreamTime Designs & Newsletter
> Stephen> http://www.dreamtime.net
>
> Hi!
>
> The problem is that MySQL clients on Win95/Win98 uses TCP/IP to communicative
> with the MySQL server.  If you are using automatic dialup, the dialup
> software will call to get an Internet connection even for local
> connections.
>
> Fix:  Remove automatic dialup and contact the provider of the dialup
>       software and make a bug report about this behaveour..
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Thread
Looking for a GUI interface to MySQLJamie Kent19 Apr
  • Re: Looking for a GUI interface to MySQLSasha Pachev19 Apr
  • Windows adminstratorStephen H. Kapit19 Apr
    • Get off listScott Alexander19 Apr
    • Windows adminstratorMichael Widenius19 Apr
  • Re: Windows adminstratorPat Sherrill19 Apr
  • Re: Windows adminstratorStephen H. Kapit19 Apr
  • testStephen H. Kapit20 Apr
  • Why I can not change passwdJingyi Zhou20 Apr
  • Re: Why I can not change passwdSasha Pachev20 Apr