List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geoffroy Cogniaux Date:May 27 2007 9:12pm
Subject:RE: MySQL 5.0 creates 100,000 Window handles
View as plain text
Hi,

Try win32@stripped instead.

Bye.
Geof.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : mos [mailto:mos99@stripped]
Envoyé : vendredi 25 mai 2007 06:41
À : mysql@stripped
Objet : MySQL 5.0 creates 100,000 Window handles

I noticed if my program executes a lot of Select statements, Windows XP
will slow down when the program completes. I did some investigating and
mysqld-nt.exe has close to 100,000 handles created when my program ends
(shown in Task Manager and SysInternals Process Explorer). As each Select
statement is executed, 2 handles are created. These handles will stay
allocated until the MySQL server is stopped (stopping my program won't free
up the handles). Windows of course runs slow with this many handles
allocated.

1) What is MySQL using the handles for?
2) Is there any way to stop MySQL from consuming so many Windows resources?
3) Is it like this on Linux?
4) How does a MySQL server handle millions of queries on a large table?
Will it hit an upper limit of Handles that it can allocate?

Note: it does not appear to allocate more handles if the query is found in
the query cache.

Mike