List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Cole Date:May 26 2007 5:00am
Subject:Re: Integrity on large sites
View as plain text
Hi Naz,

Just to throw out (plug) an ongoing project:

   http://www.hivedb.org/

 From the site:

HiveDB is an open source framework for horizontally partitioning MySQL
systems. Building scalable and high performance MySQL-backed systems
requires a good deal of expertise in designing the system and
implementing the code. One of the main strategies for scaling MySQL is
by partitioning your data across many servers. While it is not difficult
to accomplish this, it is difficult to do it in such a way that the
system is easily maintained and transparent to the developer.
<<<<<

We've been working on HiveDB precisely to avoid the large amount of
(quite specialized) code in the application.

Regards,

Jeremy

--
high performance mysql consulting
www.provenscaling.com
        • Re: Integrity on large sitesNaz Gassiep25 May
          • Re: Integrity on large sitesB. Keith Murphy25 May
            • Re: Integrity on large sitesBarry Newton25 May
              • Re: Integrity on large sitesNaz Gassiep25 May
            • Re: Integrity on large sitesNaz Gassiep25 May
          • Re: Integrity on large sitesJeremy Cole26 May
  • Re: Integrity on large sitesMartijn Tonies25 May
RE: Integrity on large sitesRhys Campbell25 May