List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Stille Date:May 25 2007 6:19pm
Subject:Re: Need script to populate data.
View as plain text
This should do it. Save it in a file then run it like "perl newfile.pl".
Save the output into a text file, then run it against your database.

$records = 100;
for ($i=1;$i<=$records;$i++) {
print "INSERT INTO MyTable (forumid, styleid, title, title_clean, " .
"description, description_clean, options) VALUES\n";
print "($i, 888, 'title $i', 'clean title $i', 'description $i', " .
"'clean description $i', 999);\n"
}

so:
perl newfile.pl > test_records.sql
mysql -p mydatabase < test_records.sql

-Ryan
http://www.stillnetstudios.com

SRM SRM wrote:

> Group,
>
> I'm an oracle dba and new to mysql. I've just recieved responsiblity
> to work on a mysql project. Basically I have 1 table:
>
> forumid smallint(5) unsigned NO (null) 0 (null)
> styleid smallint(5) unsigned NO (null) 0 (null)
> title varchar(100) NO (null) (null) (null)
> title_clean varchar(100) NO (null) (null) (null)
> description text YES (null) (null)
> description_clean text YES (null) (null)
> options int(10) unsigned NO (null) 0 (null)
>

> I need a script that will insert, say 10000, records into this table.
> Note, I dont really care about the content of the data (ie, the title
> could be TITLE1, TITLE2, TITLE3...TITLE10000, whatever). Im just
> interested in populating the table with X amount of rows and being
> able to perform some stress tests.
>
> TIA

> PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning
>
> Windows Live Hotmail.
>
> http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507

Thread
How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Or feature request to add this.Daevid Vincent25 May
  • Re: How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Orfeature request to add this.Baron Schwartz25 May
    • RE: How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Or feature request to add this.Daevid Vincent25 May
  • Need script to populate data.SRM SRM25 May
  • Need script to populate data.SRM SRM25 May
    • Re: Need script to populate data.Ryan Stille25 May
      • Re: Need script to populate data.SRM SRM25 May
        • Re: Need script to populate data.Dan Nelson25 May