List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:May 25 2007 3:40pm
Subject:Re: How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Or
feature request to add this.
View as plain text
Hi,

Daevid Vincent wrote:
[snip]
> Also, it would be great if mysql client was "smart" enough to limit my
> tab completion choices to possibilities based upon the current SQL query
> I'm crafting. So If I have:
>
> "select t[TAB] from ResolveTable join Tickets;"
>
> It should only show me columns that start with a 't' that are in the
> ResolveTable or Tickets tables only.

This would be nice, but then the mysql client would have to be able to parse SQL, which
is the server's job.  How about this as a compromise: if you type ResolveTable.t[TAB],
only show columns from that table.

Baron
Thread
How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Or feature request to add this.Daevid Vincent25 May
  • Re: How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Orfeature request to add this.Baron Schwartz25 May
    • RE: How to get the table.column in mysql client tab completion? Or feature request to add this.Daevid Vincent25 May
  • Need script to populate data.SRM SRM25 May
  • Need script to populate data.SRM SRM25 May
    • Re: Need script to populate data.Ryan Stille25 May
      • Re: Need script to populate data.SRM SRM25 May
        • Re: Need script to populate data.Dan Nelson25 May