List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ronan McGlue Date:May 24 2007 3:56pm
Subject:auto incrementing fields
View as plain text
I have just realised why my statistics package is throwing up anomolies
for my data set.
Whenever I auto increment a counter field, if its the first time it is
set to 0 as opposed to 1, this is im sure due to my creating of the
table and assigning the field values initial value to be null...

What i need to do is to increment all current values of theose fields by
one for my existing data, and to change the structure of those tables to
  have the default value to be 0.

Am i correct in this assumption!?

So i need to schedule some downtime, increment all fields and change the
structure then restart.
Is this the reccommended action.

Ronan
--
Regards

Ronan McGlue

Analyst / Programmer
Queens University Belfast
Thread
auto incrementing fieldsRonan McGlue24 May