List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gmail User Date:May 22 2007 6:48pm
Subject:Re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!
View as plain text
> When you upgraded from 4.1 to 5.0, did you do an in-place upgrade, or mysqldump your
> data and then re-import?

As replied to Sebastian's post, in-place.

> Try using either mysqldump or mysql-administrator to dump out your data to an .sql
> file. Then re-import all of your data into 5.x. You will see a significant difference in
> your query speeds once you do this.

Will this still hold true, even if I dump data out of MySQL 5 and
re-import it, or do I need to downgrade first?

> As to your query cache, make sure that it's on (on by default) and, based on your
> tables, either your MyISAM key_buffer_size or your InnoDB buffer_pool_size are correct for
> your server's amount of RAM.

I guess I will have to check if 8MB is good on 500MB RAM. I did some
research back when messing with 4.1, so a good time to do it again.
Thread
Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!Gmail User22 May
  • Re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!Sebastian Mendel22 May
    • Re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!Gmail User22 May
  • Re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!David Sparks22 May
    • Re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!Gmail User24 May
re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!J.R. Bullington22 May
  • Re: Upgraded to 5.0.x from 4.1.x and ORDER BY sucks!Gmail User22 May