List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hank Date:May 22 2007 6:45pm
Subject:Re: Mysql and Textarea
View as plain text
On 5/22/07, sam rumaizan <samcalc@stripped> wrote:

>   I'm just a php beginner.
> So please be patient with my stupid questions.
>
> What am I missing in this code that causing the function can't update the
> textarea?
>
> Update button erase the old information from mysql database and replace it
> with nothing. Basically it can't read what is inside the Textarea box. Why??
>
> Read the highlighted code.

 Your problem is in this line:

mysql_real_escape_string($_REQUEST['Assign_Engineer'][' .$id .
']['Job_Title']);

you want something more like (may or may not work):

mysql_real_escape_string($_REQUEST["Assign_Engineer[$id]['Job_Title']"]);

Since this is a PHP problem, and you can't figure it out, I'd suggest moving
your request to a PHP list.

-Hank

Thread
Mysql and Textareasam rumaizan22 May
  • Re: Mysql and TextareaBaron Schwartz22 May
  • Re: Mysql and TextareaGerald L. Clark22 May
  • Re: Mysql and TextareaHank22 May