List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Cardenas Date:May 22 2007 1:23am
Subject:Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'
View as plain text
> Hm, I didn't know that!  I thought it was only a special value to the
> client tools, which I know will try to connect via socket on UNIX machines
> when they see 'localhost' but will try to connect via TCP/IP when they see
> '127.0.0.1'. Thanks for pointing this out!
>
> Baron

In fact that was the problem, connecting to localhost didn't work unless I add
specifically localhost... If tried with the host ip or name worked perfectly,
so your comment had sense and solved it all...

Just one comment, 127.0.0.1 had the same effect as localhost, I should connect
to the specific host ip or name.

Thanks for all your comments
Thread
Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas20 May
  • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Baron Schwartz20 May
    • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Mathieu Bruneau20 May
      • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Baron Schwartz20 May
        • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas22 May
        • Selecting rows by DATE rangesMiguel Cardenas24 Jun
          • Re: Selecting rows by DATE rangesPintér Tibor24 Jun
          • Re: Selecting rows by DATE rangesMogens Melander25 Jun
            • Re: Selecting rows by DATE rangesJørn Dahl-Stamnes25 Jun
      • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas22 May
        • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Mogens Melander22 May
    • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas21 May
      • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Mogens Melander21 May