List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ray Cauchi Date:May 21 2007 1:26am
Subject:Re: speedup mysql restore
View as plain text
Have you tried using the

 > use db
 > source /path/to/dumpfile.sql

command via the mysql command line client?

>At 08:28 AM 5/20/2007, Vitaliy Okulov wrote:
>>Çäðàâñòâóéòå,
> mysql.
>>
>>How i can speedup restore of mysql DB from file created by mysqldump?
>
>MySQL is quite fast at reloading data, but if
>you don't have enough memory or if
>key_buffer_size is not set high enough, then it
>can take days to re-index the data. You need to
>stuff as much RAM as possible in your machine
>and set key_buffer_size to at least 30% of your
>machine RAM. I've had indexed take 2+ days to
>rebuild and adding more RAM and tweaking
>key_buffer_size allowed the same keys to be rebuilt in under an hour.
>
>Mike

Thread
speedup mysql restoreVitaliy Okulov20 May
  • Re: speedup mysql restoreMogens Melander20 May
    • Re[2]: speedup mysql restoreVitaliy Okulov20 May
      • Re: speedup mysql restoreBaron Schwartz20 May
      • Re: Re[2]: speedup mysql restoreMogens Melander20 May
  • Re: speedup mysql restoremos21 May
Re: speedup mysql restoreRay Cauchi21 May
Re: speedup mysql restoreEric Bergen21 May