List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mathieu Bruneau Date:May 20 2007 2:51pm
Subject:Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'
View as plain text
Baron Schwartz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Miguel Cardenas wrote:
>> Hello list
>>
>> I have a problem adding a user with host '%' ...
>>
>> *** If I add a user with host '%' when trying to connect get this error:
>> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'myuser'@'localhost' (using
>> password: YES)
>>
>> *** If I add the same user with localhost it connects and works fine...
>>
>> My specific doubt is:
>>
>> 1) do I need to add a same user with both '%' and 'localhost' to
>> connect locally and from another location???, or...
>>
>> 2) for some reason a host '%' is not working or need to do something
>> so it allows connections from any host?
>
> Remember to quote the user and host carefully.  So,
>
> GRANT ... TO 'user'@'%'
>
> not
>
> GRANT ... TO user@%
>
> If you have doubts about what you actually granted, do this:
>
> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'user'
>
> And see what host it claims the permissions are for.  If you did it
> wrong, it will say no such user exists.  If you do all this and
> everything looks okay, write back to the list again and maybe we can
> help you more.
>
> Oh, one more place to look is at the server configuration in /etc/my.cnf
> or equivalent, to be sure networking is configured right.  You want to
> check the bind-address and skip-networking settings.  You don't want
> skip-networking, and you want bind-address set to the machine's IP
> address.  Now that I think of it, this is more likely to be the problem
> for you.
>
> Cheers
> Baron

Localhost is indeed a special value that isn't include in '%'. It's a
feature not a bug ;)

Mathieu Bruneau
aka ROunofF

===
GPG keys available @ http://rounoff.darktech.org
Thread
Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas20 May
  • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Baron Schwartz20 May
    • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Mathieu Bruneau20 May
      • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Baron Schwartz20 May
        • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas22 May
        • Selecting rows by DATE rangesMiguel Cardenas24 Jun
          • Re: Selecting rows by DATE rangesPintér Tibor24 Jun
          • Re: Selecting rows by DATE rangesMogens Melander25 Jun
            • Re: Selecting rows by DATE rangesJørn Dahl-Stamnes25 Jun
      • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas22 May
        • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Mogens Melander22 May
    • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Miguel Cardenas21 May
      • Re: Problem with GRANT ... 'user'@'%'Mogens Melander21 May