List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike van Hoof Date:May 15 2007 9:19am
Subject:Re: Data security - help required
View as plain text
Well,

you can save all data encoded in the database:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/encryption-functions.html#function_encode

- Mike

Chris schreef:
> Ratheesh K J wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a requirement of maintaining some secret information in the
>> database. And this information should not be visible/accessible to
>> any other person but the owner of the data.
>> Whilst I know that encryption/decryption is the solution for this,
>> are there any other level of security that I can provide to this?
>>
>> Which is the best security technique used in MySQL to store seceret
>> information.
>>
>> PS: Even the database admin should not be able to access anybody
>> else's information
>
> Then you're stuffed - *someone* has to be able to see everything so
> you can do a mysqldump.
>
> *Someone* has to be able to see everything so you can grant
> permissions to the other users too :)

Thread
Data security - help requiredRatheesh K J15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredChris15 May
    • Re: Data security - help requiredMike van Hoof15 May
    • Re: Data security - help requiredMogens Melander15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredRatheesh K J15 May
    • Re: Data security - help requiredChris15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredBrent Baisley15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredDavid T. Ashley15 May