List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Date:May 15 2007 9:12am
Subject:Re: Data security - help required
View as plain text
Ratheesh K J wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a requirement of maintaining some secret information in the database. And this
> information should not be visible/accessible to any other person but the owner of the
> data.
> Whilst I know that encryption/decryption is the solution for this, are there any
> other level of security that I can provide to this?
>
> Which is the best security technique used in MySQL to store seceret information.
>
> PS: Even the database admin should not be able to access anybody else's information

Then you're stuffed - *someone* has to be able to see everything so you
can do a mysqldump.

*Someone* has to be able to see everything so you can grant permissions
to the other users too :)

Thread
Data security - help requiredRatheesh K J15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredChris15 May
    • Re: Data security - help requiredMike van Hoof15 May
    • Re: Data security - help requiredMogens Melander15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredRatheesh K J15 May
    • Re: Data security - help requiredChris15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredBrent Baisley15 May
  • Re: Data security - help requiredDavid T. Ashley15 May