List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:May 11 2007 4:20pm
Subject:Re: finding next and prev record in mysql
View as plain text
On Fri, May 11, 2007 07:15, Richard Kurth wrote:
> How would I find the next id and the prev id in sql statement like the one
> below. The id number is not going to be in order so I can't do a < or >
> limit 1 on the search
>
> SELECT id FROM contacts WHERE category = '5' AND subcategory = '1' AND
> members_id= '8' ORDER BY lastname

The PHP variant could look like (prev id):

SELECT id FROM contacts
  WHERE category = '5'
    AND subcategory = '1'
    AND members_id= '8'
    AND lastname < $_POST['lastname']
  ORDER BY lastname
  LIMIT 1;

--
Later

Mogens Melander
+45 40 85 71 38
+66 870 133 224

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

Thread
finding next and prev record in mysqlRichard Kurth11 May
  • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBrent Baisley11 May
    • RE: finding next and prev record in mysqlRichard Kurth11 May
  • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBaron Schwartz11 May
  • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlMogens Melander11 May
    • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBaron Schwartz11 May
      • RE: finding next and prev record in mysqlRichard Kurth11 May
        • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBaron Schwartz12 May