List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Kurth Date:May 11 2007 5:15am
Subject:finding next and prev record in mysql
View as plain text
How would I find the next id and the prev id in sql statement like the one
below. The id number is not going to be in order so I can't do a < or >
limit 1 on the search

SELECT id FROM contacts WHERE category = '5' AND subcategory = '1' AND
members_id= '8' ORDER BY lastname

Thread
finding next and prev record in mysqlRichard Kurth11 May
  • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBrent Baisley11 May
    • RE: finding next and prev record in mysqlRichard Kurth11 May
  • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBaron Schwartz11 May
  • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlMogens Melander11 May
    • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBaron Schwartz11 May
      • RE: finding next and prev record in mysqlRichard Kurth11 May
        • Re: finding next and prev record in mysqlBaron Schwartz12 May