List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:kebede teferi Date:May 9 2007 5:44pm
Subject:help on loading the world.sql(script and data) onto world database
View as plain text
hi, it's my first time trying my hand in inputting data in batches to mysql database and
it drives me crazy, please help.

  *I've created the WORLD database.
  *I've downloaded WORLD.SQL and unzipped the file.
  *When I open it in notepad I see the instructions to create the three tables and the
instructions for data insertions.

  As per the load instruction on MySQL page I did the following within mysql:

  *mysql> use world;
  *mysql> source world.sql;
  I get an error message 'Can't open the file' error: 2.

  I tried the following at windows command prompt:

  *C:\Document and Settings>mysql world < world.sql
  I get the message 'I can't get file specified.

  I don't have any problem connecting to mysql from windows prompt, and world.sql is a sub
folder under Documents and Settings.

  I know I'm green related to mysql, and I need your help.  Thanks

It's here! Your new message!
help on loading the world.sql(script and data) onto world databasekebede teferi9 May
  • Re: help on loading the world.sql(script and data) onto world databaseJuan Eduardo Moreno9 May