List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Kebbel Date:May 8 2007 10:09pm
Subject:--xml or --html output to file
View as plain text
When I try using the --xml or --html option with a batch file using INTO
OUTFILE 'dirpath', the --xml or --html option seems to be ignored in
favor of the tab-delimited default. (If I get rid of the INTO OUTFILE,
xml or html displays fine in the terminal.)

I tried using the pager to write to a file from inside MySQL. I
succeeded, but it was table data. I couldn't figure out how to add the
--xml or --html options from inside the pager.

I tried the redirection operator from the command line, but I haven't
stumbled on the correct syntax if such a syntax does exist.

Does anyone know how to write an --xml or --html file from a SELECT
statement, either from the command line or from a batch file? This would
really be useful information.

Thanks in advance for reading or responding.

Thread
--xml or --html output to fileJohn Kebbel9 May
  • Re: --xml or --html output to fileDan Buettner9 May
    • RE: --xml or --html output to fileRandall Price9 May
  • Re: --xml or --html output to filePaul DuBois9 May
Re: --xml or --html output to fileJohn Kebbel9 May