List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sunisundar Date:May 8 2007 11:57am
Subject:how to create new username n password in mysql
View as plain text
how to create new username n password in mysql using commands.

followed these steps::
mysql> create database pauldb;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

#
# Now we create the user paul and give him full
# permissions on the new database
mysql> grant CREATE,INSERT,DELETE,UPDATE,SELECT on pauldb.* to
paul@localhost;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

#
# Next we set a password for this new user
#
mysql> set password for paul = password('mysecretpassword');
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

#
# Cleanup and ext
mysql> flush privileges;
mysql> exit;

when next time i login using this pwd not working.....
Give me proper commands.