List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward Kay Date:May 2 2007 12:43pm
Subject:RE: MySQL Workbench
View as plain text

I've used DB Designer for a few years now for creating my initial schema. I find it very
useful to graphically display table relationships and for creating foreign key
constraints. It isn't perfect though and has several annoying bugs. Last time I looked,
it seemed like development had been stopped.

For everyday queries/maintenance I use a combination of MySQL Control Centre, MySQL
Administrator and MySQL Query Browser since each of these does certain things better in
my opinion.

I've just download Toad - and have to say it looks pretty good. It doesn't appear to have
the graphical representation of DB Designer but it may well be a good replacement for the
three MySQL AB tools mentioned above.

I'd be interested to hear other options though...

Edward

Thread
MySQL WorkbenchAfan Pasalic1 May
  • Re: MySQL WorkbenchMogens Melander1 May
    • RE: MySQL WorkbenchEdward Kay2 May
      • Re: MySQL WorkbenchMartijn Tonies2 May