List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:May 2 2007 11:52am
Subject:Re: View select results
View as plain text
Hi,

spacemarc wrote:
> Hi
> my table have three fields that, if selected, are shown like:
>
> area1, value_one, thing_one
> area1, value_two, thing_32
> area1, value_three, thing_ dd
> area2, value_ten, thing_6w
> area2, value_ff, thing_l
>
> can I obtain a recordset like this?
>
> area1, value_one, thing_one
>   //,   value_two, thing_32
>   //,   value_three, thing_ dd
> area2, value_ten, thing_6w
>   //,   value_ff, thing_l
>
> So, do not repeat more times the value of the first column (area1,
> area2...)

Giuseppe Maxia wrote a great article on this some time ago.  The technique is called
cross-tabulation or pivot tables.  Here is a link:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/12/04/crosstabs.html

Baron
Thread
View select resultsspacemarc2 May
  • Re: View select resultsBaron Schwartz2 May
  • Re: View select resultsPeter Brawley2 May
Re: View select resultsspacemarc2 May