List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fredrik Carlsson Date:May 1 2007 8:53pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump running out out of memory
View as plain text
Hi,

Yes I'm using the -q option with mysqldump, but the result is the same.

This is a replicated environment and the master is running FreeBSD and
the slave NetBSD and on the master which only has InnoDB tables there is
no problems to run a dump but the machine is to loaded so we can not
afford to run the dump there. The tables on the slave is mostly Myisam,
maybe there is some kind of memory buffer that I'm missing to tune on
NetBSD but i can't figure out what it can be, I've already increased the
ulimit values for the session running the dump.

// Fredrik

Atle Veka wrote:
> Have you tried this flag?
>   -q, --quick         Don't buffer query, dump directly to stdout.
>

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Fredrik Carlsson wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with mysqldump, its exiting with the message
>>
>> mysqldump: Error 5: Out of memory (Needed 22042208 bytes) when dumping
>> table `theTable` at row: 2990911
>>
>> I have searched the archives and tried what people suggested but nothing
>> seems to work, I'm dumping using the following command:
>> /usr/pkg/bin/mysqldump -h localhost -B theDatabase --skip-opt
>> --max_allowed_packet=1024M -q
>>
>> Any tips on how to get the dump running? the dump should be about
>> 15-20GB in size the fully dumped, but I never seems to get there.
>>
>> // Fredrik Carlsson

Thread
mysqldump running out out of memoryFredrik Carlsson29 Apr
  • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryAtle Veka1 May
    • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryFredrik Carlsson1 May
      • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryLinuxinfoplus23 May
        • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryfredrik23 May