List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:May 1 2007 8:28pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump running out out of memory
View as plain text
Have you tried this flag?
  -q, --quick         Don't buffer query, dump directly to stdout.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Fredrik Carlsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with mysqldump, its exiting with the message
>
> mysqldump: Error 5: Out of memory (Needed 22042208 bytes) when dumping
> table `theTable` at row: 2990911
>
> I have searched the archives and tried what people suggested but nothing
> seems to work, I'm dumping using the following command:
> /usr/pkg/bin/mysqldump -h localhost -B theDatabase --skip-opt
> --max_allowed_packet=1024M -q
>
> Any tips on how to get the dump running? the dump should be about
> 15-20GB in size the fully dumped, but I never seems to get there.
>
> // Fredrik Carlsson

Thread
mysqldump running out out of memoryFredrik Carlsson29 Apr
  • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryAtle Veka1 May
    • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryFredrik Carlsson1 May
      • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryLinuxinfoplus23 May
        • Re: mysqldump running out out of memoryfredrik23 May