List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:May 1 2007 5:09pm
Subject:Re: IS NULL Question
View as plain text
Jerry Schwartz wrote:
> We use NULL all the time with MyISAM tables, and I've never noticed a
> problem.

I think there was a bug at one point dealing with NULL and empty
strings, but it strikes me that it was a bug in the new client/server
protocol that was introduced in (4.1? 5.0?).

So, it might be that the columns contain empty strings, yet the client
displays them as NULL.

Regardless, the earlier suggestion about using length() should show
what's really in the columns.

Baron
Thread
IS NULL QuestionJohn Kebbel1 May
  • Re: IS NULL QuestionJeremy Cole1 May
    • Re: IS NULL QuestionJohn Kebbel1 May
  • Re: IS NULL QuestionMartijn Tonies1 May
    • Re: IS NULL QuestionLucas.CTR.Heuman1 May
  • Re: IS NULL QuestionKevin Hunter1 May
    • Re: IS NULL QuestionGerald L. Clark1 May
      • Re: IS NULL QuestionKevin Hunter1 May
    • RE: IS NULL QuestionJerry Schwartz1 May
      • Re: IS NULL QuestionBaron Schwartz1 May
    • batch modeCharles Brown2 May
      • Re: batch modeMogens Melander2 May
        • Re: batch modeMogens Melander2 May