List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Hunter Date:May 1 2007 4:14pm
Subject:Re: IS NULL Question
View as plain text
>> Caveat emptor: I haven't tested this in about a year.
>> Are you perchance using a table type of MyISAM?  I seem to recall
>> that MyISAM has a hard time actually representing NULL
>> internally.   [ ... Thinks for a minute ... ]  I remember
>> something about spaces,  like, I think I did
>> INSERT ( val1, val2, NULL ) INTO myTable;
>> and was only able to get the tuples back when I did
>> SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE col3 = ' ';  -- a space character
>> If this is the case, you might consider using a different table
>> type,  such as InnoDB.
>> HTH,
>> Kevin
>
> MyISAM has no problem representing NULL.

My mistake.  Obviously old data.

Kevin
Thread
IS NULL QuestionJohn Kebbel1 May
  • Re: IS NULL QuestionJeremy Cole1 May
    • Re: IS NULL QuestionJohn Kebbel1 May
  • Re: IS NULL QuestionMartijn Tonies1 May
    • Re: IS NULL QuestionLucas.CTR.Heuman1 May
  • Re: IS NULL QuestionKevin Hunter1 May
    • Re: IS NULL QuestionGerald L. Clark1 May
      • Re: IS NULL QuestionKevin Hunter1 May
    • RE: IS NULL QuestionJerry Schwartz1 May
      • Re: IS NULL QuestionBaron Schwartz1 May
    • batch modeCharles Brown2 May
      • Re: batch modeMogens Melander2 May
        • Re: batch modeMogens Melander2 May