List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:May 1 2007 8:09am
Subject:Re: show tables
View as plain text
On Tue, May 1, 2007 09:57, Stijn Verholen wrote:
> Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>>
>> mysql -u user -p database -e 'show tables;' > file.txt

That one works for me, with a litle change. -s (kill's columnnames a.o.).

root@styx:~# mysql -s -u rppt test -e 'show tables;' > file.txt
root@styx:~# cat file.txt
abc
store
tablea
trans

Hmmm, there is no such user "-u rppt" but it works anyway ???
Maybe because it's the test db.

>> But the result was the help file displayed by MySQL when a command is
>> not correct. The SQL queries I gave are correct, because they work
>> when I give them at the mysql prompt.

What error message do you get ?

--
Later