List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Tanner Date:April 30 2007 8:40pm
Subject:Re: Bin logs and mysql 4
View as plain text
On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:19 -0500, dpgirago@stripped wrote:
> So if one is doing a full mysqldump every night, all bin-logs can be
> deleted after this?

  On the slave - Yes. In fact I would highly recommend it before
starting the slave processes again. This will reset the bin log's
'position' back to 0, giving you a clear starting point that will
correspond to the backup.  For the master server (if your backing up
from the slave) you'll only want to purge the bin logs back to your
slowest slave.

> If bin-logging is disabled, will master/slave syncing still occur?

No, if you disable the bin-logs, replication wont be happening.

Regards,
Scott

Thread
Bin logs and mysql 4Scott Haneda26 Apr
  • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Baron Schwartz26 Apr
    • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Scott Haneda26 Apr
      • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Baron Schwartz26 Apr
        • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Scott Haneda26 Apr
          • an't connect to local MySQL -- Help me!Charles Brown26 Apr
          • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Baron Schwartz26 Apr
      • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Scott Tanner26 Apr
Re: Bin logs and mysql 4dpgirago27 Apr
  • Re: Bin logs and mysql 4Scott Tanner30 Apr