List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Kebbel Date:April 28 2007 2:04am
Subject:RE: Permissions and Into Outfile
View as plain text
I experimented with a local /var/www folder. I assumed setting 2, 6, or
7 for the Other value would give mysql write privileges, but mysql would
not settle for anything less than a 7 in that last slot. What was really
curious to me was that the User and Group settings were inconsequential.
I even set the folder for 007 and mysql could write to the folder. But
as soon as I tried making that Other setting anything less than 7, mysql
generated an error message.

I've been using Linux for years, but more as a hobby than profession
(though I do maintain an internal Mac OS X web server at my school). I
am unfamiliar with the syntax you were using with the username in front
of :mysql. I didn't know of any way other than chmod nnn  to change
permissions for UGO (user,group,other). Could you post one or two sample
command line statements that illustrate this syntax in action. I did a
brief web search, but it only turned up the stuff I was familiar with.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this issue.

Thread
Permissions and Into OutfileJohn Kebbel27 Apr
  • Re: Permissions and Into OutfileGerald L. Clark27 Apr
    • RE: Permissions and Into OutfileJohn Kebbel27 Apr
      • Re: Permissions and Into OutfileGerald L. Clark27 Apr
      • RE: Permissions and Into OutfileMogens Melander27 Apr
RE: Permissions and Into OutfileJohn Kebbel28 Apr
  • RE: Permissions and Into OutfileMogens Melander28 Apr
RE: Permissions and Into OutfileJohn Kebbel28 Apr