List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Goddard Date:April 19 1999 12:34pm
Subject:Re: MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32
View as plain text

	Hello Monty,

	I actually was able to locate a cygnus-compiled
	perl5.005_03 binary, but am finding it impossible
	to successfully build a version of the DBI module
	using that partcular distribution. ( I've sent
	the specific errors to the DBI users list, hopefully
	someone else has been able to get beyond those
	compilation errors using that Cygnus distribution.)
	Once I get beyond that obstacle, it should be relatively
	simple to build the msql-mysql-modules into the
	resulting perl5 binary.

	Thanks!
	-mike

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:33:19 +0300 (EEST)
> From: Michael Widenius <monty@stripped>
> To: Mike Goddard <mgoddard@stripped>
> Cc: mysql@stripped
> Subject: MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32

> writes:
>
> Mike> 	Is anyone currently running mySQL within Cygnus'
> Mike> 	cygwin package (b20.1), using a perl5.00x binary
> Mike> 	that supports the DBI module? (on WinNT)
>
> Mike> 	Basically, I need to create a Win32 flavor perl5
> Mike> 	binary  which supports the DBI (1.06) module so I
> Mike> 	can talk to mySQL, *and* I need POSIX support for
> Mike> 	calls such as fork(), which Cygnus will provide.
>
> Mike> 	I can't seem to create, nor locate, a binary which
> Mike> 	satisifes all requirements (DBI/mySQL/POSIX).
>
> Mike> 	Thanks in advance for any information
> Mike> 	you may be able to provide.
>
> Hi!
>
> Have you checked the perl lists for a perl built under cygnus?
> If this is possible, then it would be easy to compile DBI and
> msql-mysql-modules into this.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

 Michael Goddard                                   600 Tech Park
                        "Nulli secundus"
 Billerica MA 01821                               1-978-916-7534
 All opinions expressed are my own, not those of Nortel Networks.

MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32Mike Goddard16 Apr
  • MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32Michael Widenius17 Apr
    • Re: MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32Mike Goddard19 Apr